Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/2] net: lan743x: cleanup netdev-based logging

From: David Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2026 18:18:56 +0000

This series improves netdev-based logging in the lan743x driver by
addressing the issue where several log entries at boot include the
warning "(unnamed net_device) (uninitialized)".

The first patch introduces a "message level" module parameter and uses
netif_msg_init(), allowing msg_enable to be configured at load time.

The second patch ensures that netdev-based logging is only used after
netdev registration has completed successfully.

v2:
- Added patch 1
- Changed target repo from "net" to "net-next" 

David Thompson (2):
  net: lan743x: add "message level" module parameter
  net: lan743x: avoid netdev-based logging before netdev registration

 drivers/net/ethernet/microchip/lan743x_main.c | 87 ++++++++++++-------
 1 file changed, 57 insertions(+), 30 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0