Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: ethernet: fec: Add missing SPEED_

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 11:55:49 -0700

On 10/18/2018 11:47 AM, LABBE Corentin wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 11:39:24AM -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote:
>> On 10/18/2018 08:05 AM, Corentin Labbe wrote:
>>> Since commit 58056c1e1b0e ("net: ethernet: Use phy_set_max_speed() to limit advertised speed"), the fec driver is unable to get any link.
>>> This is due to missing SPEED_.
>>
>> But SPEED_1000 is defined in include/uapi/linux/ethtool.h as 1000, so
>> surely this would amount to the same code paths being taken or am I
>> missing something here?
> 
> The bisect session pointed your patch, reverting it fix the issue.
> BUT since the fix seemed trivial I sent the patch without more test then compile it.
> Sorry, I have just found some minutes ago that it didnt fix the issue.
> 
> But your patch is still the cause for sure.
> 

What you are writing is really lowering the confidence level, first
Andrew is the author of that patch, and second "just compiling" and
pretending this fixes a problem when it does not is not quite what I
would expect.

I don't have a problem helping you find the solution or the right fix
though, even if it is not my patch, but please get the author and actual
problem right so we can move forward in confidence, thanks!
-- 
Florian