Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: mcs7830: handle usb read errors properly

From: Pavel Skripkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 13:18:27 +0300

Hi Greg,

On 1/7/22 13:06, Greg KH wrote:
> 
> We have a usb core function that handles these "short reads are an
> error" issue.  Perhaps usbnet_read_cmd() should be converted to use it
> instead?
> 

I thought about it. I am not sure, that there are no callers, that 
expect various length data. I remember, that I met such problem in atusb 
driver, but it uses plain usb API.

I believe, we can provide new usbnet API, that will use 
usb_control_msg_{recv,send} and сarefully convert drivers to use it. 
When there won't be any callers of the old one we can just rename it.

I might be missing something about usbnet, so, please, correct me if I 
am wrong here :)

With regards,
Pavel Skripkin