Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] libbpf: Support raw btf placed in the default path

From: Yonghong Song <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 20:40:27 -0700

On 9/12/22 9:43 AM, Tao Chen wrote:
> Now only elf btf can be placed in the default path(/boot), raw
> btf should also can be there.

There are more default paths than just /boot. Also some grammer
issues in the above like 'should also can be'.

Maybe the commit message can be changed like below.

Currently, the default vmlinux files at '/boot/vmlinux-*',
'/lib/modules/*/vmlinux-*' etc. are parsed with 'btf__parse_elf'
to extract BTF. It is possible that these files are actually
raw BTF files similar to /sys/kernel/btf/vmlinux. So parse
these files with 'btf__parse' which tries both raw format and
ELF format.

It would be great if you can add more information on why
'/boot/vmlinux-*' or '/lib/modules/*/vmlinux-*' might be
a raw BTF file in your system.

> 
> Signed-off-by: Tao Chen <[email-masked]>

Ack with some commit message changes in the above.

Acked-by: Yonghong Song <[email-masked]>