Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] io_uring support for zerocopy send

From: Jens Axboe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 10:47:36 -0600

On 8/3/22 10:44 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 9:39 AM Jens Axboe <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>      If you look at the numbers Pavel posted, it's
>> definitely firmly in benchmark land, but I do think the goals of
>> breaking even with non zero-copy for realistic payload sizes is the real
>> differentiator here.
> 
> Well, a big part of why I wrote the query email was exactly because I
> haven't seen any numbers, and the pull request didn't have any links
> to any.
> 
> So you say "the numbers Pavel posted" and I say "where?"

Didn't think of that since it's in the git commit link, but I now
realize that it's like 3 series of things in there.

> It would have been good to have had a link in the pull request (and
> thus in the merge message).

Agree, it should've been in there. Here's the one from the series that
got merged:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

-- 
Jens Axboe