Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/8] mptcp: small improvements, fix and clean-ups

From: Mat Martineau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 17:24:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 13 May 2024, Jakub Kicinski wrote:

> On Fri, 10 May 2024 13:18:30 +0200 Matthieu Baerts (NGI0) wrote:
>> This series contain mostly unrelated patches:
>>
>> - The two first patches can be seen as "fixes". They are part of this
>>   series for -next because it looks like the last batch of fixes for
>>   v6.9 has already been sent. These fixes are not urgent, so they can
>>   wait if an unlikely v6.9-rc8 is published. About the two patches:
>>     - Patch 1 fixes getsockopt(SO_KEEPALIVE) support on MPTCP sockets
>>     - Patch 2 makes sure the full TCP keep-alive feature is supported,
>>       not just SO_KEEPALIVE.
>>
>> - Patch 3 is a small optimisation when getsockopt(MPTCP_INFO) is used
>>   without buffer, just to check if MPTCP is still being used: no
>>   fallback to TCP.
>>
>> - Patch 4 adds net.mptcp.available_schedulers sysctl knob to list packet
>>   schedulers, similar to net.ipv4.tcp_available_congestion_control.
>>
>> - Patch 5 and 6 fix CheckPatch warnings: "prefer strscpy over strcpy"
>>   and "else is not generally useful after a break or return".
>>
>> - Patch 7 and 8 remove and add header includes to avoid unused ones, and
>>   add missing ones to be self-contained.
>
> Seems to conflict with:
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/20240509[email-masked]/

Hi Jakub -

The conflict here is purely in the diff context, patch 2 of this series 
and "tcp: socket option to check for MPTCP fallback to TCP" add cases to 
the same switch statement and have a couple of unmodified lines between 
their additions.

"git am -3" handles it cleanly in this case, if you have time and 
inclination for a second attempt. But I realize you're working through a 
backlog and net-next is now closed, so that time might not be available. 
We'll try again when net-next reopens if needed.

Thanks,
Mat