Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 net-next 0/7] selftests: net: Switch pmtu.sh to use the internal ovs script.

From: Aaron Conole <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 10:14:24 -0400

Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, 25 Jun 2024 09:20:29 -0400 Aaron Conole wrote:
>> > I'm still wondering if the issue is Kconfig-related (plus possibly bad
>> > interaction with vng). I don't see the OVS knob enabled in the self-
>> > tests config. If it's implied by some other knob, and ends-up being
>> > selected as a module, vng could stumble upon loading the module at
>> > runtime, especially on incremental build (at least I experience that
>> > problem locally). I'm not even sure if the KCI is building
>> > incrementally or not, so all the above could is quite a wild guess.
>> >
>> > In any case I think adding the explicit CONFIG_OPENVSWITCH=y the
>> > selftest config would make the scenario more well defined.  
>> 
>> That is in 7/7 - but there was a collision with a netfilter knob getting
>> turned on.  I can repost it as-is (just after rebasing) if you think
>> that is the only issue.
>
> Sorry for not checking it earlier, looks like the runner was missing
> pyroute:
>
> # python3 ./tools/testing/selftests/net/openvswitch/ovs-dpctl.py
> Need to install the python pyroute2 package >= 0.6.
>
> I guess run_cmd counter-productively eats the stderr output ? :(

Awesome :)  I will add a patch to ovs-dpctl that will turn the
sys.exit(0) into sys.exit(1) - that way it should do the skip.

When I previously tested, I put an error in the `try` without reading
the except being specifically for a ModuleNotFound error.

I'll make sure pyroute2 isn't installed when I run it again.

Thanks for your help Jakub and Paolo!