Subject: Re: selftests: openvswitch: Questions about possible enhancements

From: Aaron Conole <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 15:58:32 -0400

Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 17:44:05 +0100 Simon Horman wrote:
>> I have recently been exercising the Open vSwitch kernel selftests,
>> using vng,
>
> Speaking of ovs tests, we currently don't run them in CI (and suffer
> related skips in pmtu.sh) because Amazon Linux doesn't have ovs
> packaged and building it looks pretty hard.
>
> Is there an easy way to build just the CLI tooling or get a pre-built
> package somewhere?

As Simon notes - we would need some support in the ovs-dpctl.py to set
up the tunnel interfaces, and probably need to set them up for lwt and
classic tunnels.

I have a test branch where I have support for the former, and I can
clean it up and submit it.

> Or perhaps you'd be willing to run the OvS tests and we can move 
> the part of pmtu.sh into OvS test dir?

I guess either would be fine, as long as they can get run.