Subject: which stable usb wlan device

From: Markus Feldmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 00:30:09 +0200

Hi All,

i am searching for a wlan device. This should work as AP on Debian 
Lenny(current kernel 2.6.32.11). So here are my requirements for this 
device:

1.stable open source driver included in the kernel, not from an extern 
source. I want to use this device as AP!
2.USB2 compatible
3.WPA2 compliant for more savety
4.adjustable transmission power to reduce the maximum range
5.A low power sonsumption as low as possible, a reference value is 1watt
6.price should under 40€=60$ as much as possible

I just found your new device side:
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k/devices

but are these devices who works well or not? If i buy such a device, is 
only the Atheros Chip number important for me, or should i watch for the 
Subvendor ans Subsystem number too?

Further on i only found PCI devices. Is there a supported usb device 
list too?

regards Markus