Subject: e1000e: link up and down issue with TP-Link WDR4300 router

From: Dâniel Fraga <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 21:33:31 -0300

Since I bought this motherboard (Asus P8Z68V-Pro Gen/3) I have
to deal sometimes (very rare) with this annoying problem:

Sep  8 21:24:43 tux kernel: e1000e: eth0 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx/Tx
Sep  8 21:24:43 tux kernel: e1000e 0000:00:19.0 eth0: 10/100 speed: disabling TSO
Sep  8 21:24:44 tux kernel: e1000e: eth0 NIC Link is Down

	It keeps trying to establish the link forever, going up and down.

	Today it happened after I resumed from standby (S3).

	My NIC is:

00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82579V Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 05)

	If I search in google for "e1000e link up down" I see a LOT of users complaining.
As far as I remember Alan Cox onde wrote this is a issue with "cheap chinese router"
but I don't understand why there isn't a workaround for this annoying problem.

	Usually it establishes the link at 1000 Mbps and as long as I don't turn off the router, 
it negotiates the link speed correctly.

	Is there some workaround for this? If you need more information, just ask!

	Thanks.

	Ps: I'm using Linux 3.11.0.

-- 
Linux 3.11.0: Linux for Workgroups
http://www.youtube.com/DanielFragaBR
http://www.libertarios.org.br