Subject: Re: no IPv6 Routers present

From: feldmaus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:32:27 +0000 (UTC)

Vlad Yasevich <vladislav.yasevich <at> hp.com> writes:

> You need to give more information about your interface configurations,
> routes, and any firewall rules.
First of all thank you for your answer,

first i post my specifications if my system works well:
/etc/network/interfaces:
########################################################################
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

iface dsl-provider inet ppp
    pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up -arp 0 # line maintained by pppoeconf
    provider dsl-provider
########################################################################

$route -n
########################################################################
Ziel            Router          Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
92.76.224.1     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0 ppp0
0.0.0.0         0.0.0.0         0.0.0.0         U     0      0        0 ppp0
########################################################################

iptables -L -n -v -->  <http://nopaste.debianforum.de/19638>
firewall for <ppp0> --> <http://nopaste.debianforum.de/19647>
firewall for <eth0> --> <http://nopaste.debianforum.de/19648>

Both firewall script will be started about:
</etc/network/if-up.d/startfirewall> --> <http://nopaste.debianforum.de/19636>
and stoped:
</etc/network/if-post-down.d/stopfirewall> --> <http://nopaste.debianforum.de/19637>

I hope that is not to much. :-)

I post next time a specification which failed !

In both firewall scripts i use:
echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o "$DSLIF" -j MASQUERADE

I am not sure whether this could let it fail,
when both script will be executed ?

Regards Markus