Subject: [PATCH net-next 00/19] net: Sysctl simplifications and enhancements

From: [email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:17:10 -0700

Summary:
- Kill approximately 400 lines of code
- Allow all networking sysctls with just CAP_NET_ADMIN
- Hide all networking sysctls that don't apply to your current network namespace.
- Uniformly register flat sysctl tables not sysctl tables with .child entries
- Readable string paths for registering sysctls

Eric W. Biederman (19):
      net: Implement register_net_sysctl.
      net sysctl:  Register an empty /proc/sys/net
      net sysctl: Initialize the network sysctls sooner to avoid problems.
      net: Kill register_sysctl_rotable
      net: Move all of the network sysctls without a namespace into init_net.
      net core: Remove unneded creation of an empty  net/core sysctl directory
      net ipv6: Remove unneded registration of an empty net/ipv6/neigh
      net ipv4: Remove the unneeded registration of an empty net/ipv4/neigh
      net ax25: Simplify and cleanup the ax25 sysctl handling.
      net llc: Don't use sysctl tables with .child entries.
      net ipv6: Don't use sysctl tables with .child entries.
      net neighbour:  Convert to use register_net_sysctl
      net decnet:  Convert to use register_net_sysctl
      net ipv6:  Convert addrconf to use register_net_sysctl
      net ipv4:  Convert devinet to use register_net_sysctl
      net: Convert nf_conntrack_proto to use register_net_sysctl
      net: Convert all sysctl registrations to register_net_sysctl
      net: Delete all remaining instances of ctl_path
      net: Remove register_net_sysctl_table

 drivers/infiniband/core/ucma.c                 |   10 +--
 include/linux/netfilter.h                      |    6 --
 include/net/ax25.h                             |   10 ++--
 include/net/ip.h                               |    3 -
 include/net/ip_vs.h                            |    2 -
 include/net/ipv6.h                             |    3 -
 include/net/net_namespace.h                    |   12 ++--
 include/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_l3proto.h   |    2 +-
 include/net/netns/ipv6.h                       |    4 +-
 net/802/tr.c                                   |    8 +--
 net/appletalk/sysctl_net_atalk.c               |   10 +--
 net/ax25/af_ax25.c                             |    2 -
 net/ax25/ax25_dev.c                            |   10 +--
 net/ax25/sysctl_net_ax25.c                     |   82 ++++++++---------------
 net/bridge/br_netfilter.c                      |   10 +--
 net/core/neighbour.c                           |   35 ++--------
 net/core/sysctl_net_core.c                     |   14 +----
 net/dccp/sysctl.c                              |   11 +---
 net/decnet/dn_dev.c                            |   21 ++-----
 net/decnet/sysctl_net_decnet.c                 |   10 +--
 net/ipv4/devinet.c                             |   39 ++----------
 net/ipv4/ip_fragment.c                         |    4 +-
 net/ipv4/netfilter.c                           |   10 ---
 net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_queue.c                  |    6 +-
 net/ipv4/netfilter/nf_conntrack_l3proto_ipv4.c |    2 +-
 net/ipv4/route.c                               |   29 +--------
 net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c                     |   14 +---
 net/ipv4/xfrm4_policy.c                        |    4 +-
 net/ipv6/addrconf.c                            |   32 +--------
 net/ipv6/af_inet6.c                            |   15 ----
 net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_queue.c                 |    6 +-
 net/ipv6/netfilter/nf_conntrack_reasm.c        |    6 +-
 net/ipv6/reassembly.c                          |    4 +-
 net/ipv6/sysctl_net_ipv6.c                     |   83 +++++++-----------------
 net/ipv6/xfrm6_policy.c                        |    4 +-
 net/ipx/sysctl_net_ipx.c                       |   11 +--
 net/irda/irsysctl.c                            |   10 +--
 net/llc/sysctl_net_llc.c                       |   52 +++++----------
 net/netfilter/core.c                           |    9 ---
 net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_ctl.c                 |   10 +---
 net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_lblc.c                |    3 +-
 net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_lblcr.c               |    3 +-
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_acct.c              |    4 +-
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_ecache.c            |    3 +-
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto.c             |   10 ++--
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_dccp.c        |    4 +-
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_standalone.c        |   14 +---
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_timestamp.c         |    4 +-
 net/netfilter/nf_log.c                         |    9 +--
 net/netrom/sysctl_net_netrom.c                 |   10 +--
 net/phonet/sysctl.c                            |   10 +--
 net/rds/ib_sysctl.c                            |   11 +---
 net/rds/iw_sysctl.c                            |   11 +---
 net/rds/sysctl.c                               |   11 +---
 net/rose/sysctl_net_rose.c                     |   10 +--
 net/sctp/sysctl.c                              |   10 +--
 net/socket.c                                   |    6 ++
 net/sysctl_net.c                               |   45 ++++---------
 net/unix/sysctl_net_unix.c                     |   10 +--
 net/x25/sysctl_net_x25.c                       |   10 +--
 net/xfrm/xfrm_sysctl.c                         |    2 +-
 61 files changed, 209 insertions(+), 606 deletions(-)