Subject: Re: IP More Fragements bit problem.

From: Andi Kleen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:24:42 +0100

Vincent Roqueta <[email-masked]> writes:
> D + MF
> *DELAY*
> A + MF
> B + MF
> C + MF
> D + MF
> *DELAY*
> ...
>
> After a while AIX destroy first fragments because of the IP fragements life 
> time. Trond Myklebust said me you can do anything for that?

Are you sure? I tested 2.6.10rc3 and it works correctly for 
me with ping. The algorithm in ip_fragment() looks good too
from visual inspection.

And ping uses the same code to fragment as NFS sunrpc
over UDP.

19:15:24.100934 averell > trent: (frag 64564:1480@1480+)
19:15:24.100938 averell > trent: (frag 64564:1480@2960+)
19:15:24.100943 averell > trent: (frag 64564:1480@4440+)
19:15:24.100947 averell > trent: (frag 64564:1480@5920+)
19:15:24.100951 averell > trent: (frag 64564:1480@7400+)
19:15:24.100957 averell > trent: (frag 64564:1128@8880)     <--- No MF.

Also why are you testing NFSv4 over UDP anyways? I thought
everybody was finally running it over TCP now.

-Andi