Subject: Re: [PATCH 01/11] SYSCTL: export root and set handling routines

From: ebiederm-aS9lmoZGLiVWk0Htik3J/[email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 19:49:00 -0800

Stanislav Kinsbursky <[email-masked]> writes:

> 19.12.2011 20:37, Eric W. Biederman пишет:
>> Stanislav Kinsbursky<[email-masked]>  writes:
>>
>> Doing that independently of the rest of the sysctls is pretty horrible
>> and confusing to users.   What I am planning might suit your needs and
>> if not we need to talk some more about how to get the vfs to do
>> something reasonable.
>>
>
> Ok, Eric. Would be glad to discuss your sysctls plans.
> But actually you already know my needs: I would like to make sysctls work in the
> way like sysfs does: i.e. content of files depends on mount maker -
> not viewer.

What drives the desire to have sysctls depend on the mount maker?
Especially what drives that desire not to have it have a /proc/<pid>/sys
directory that reflects the sysctls for a given process.

Eric

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-nfs" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html