Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6] tagged sysfs support

From: [email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:09:46 -0700

"Serge E. Hallyn" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Quoting Eric W. Biederman ([email-masked]):
>> 
>> The main short coming of using multiple network namespaces today
>> is that only network devices for the primary network namespaces
>> can be put in the kobject layer and sysfs.
>> 
>> This is essentially the earlier version of this patchset that was
>> reviewed before, just now on top of a version of sysfs that doesn't
>> need cleanup patches to support it.
>> 
>> I have been running these patches in some form for well over a
>> year so the basics should at least be solid.  
>> 
>> This patchset is currently against 2.6.34-rc1.
>> 
>> This patchset is just the basic infrastructure a couple of more pretty
>> trivial patches are needed to actually enable network namespaces to use this.
>> My current plan is to send those after these patches have made it through
>> review.
>
> Thanks very much for keeping this going, Eric!  I'm going to keep
> looking through the code some more, but so far I see no problems.
>
> Acked-by: Serge Hallyn <[email-masked]>
>
> to the full patchset.  I'm really hoping you'll also include the
> patch to implement the netns support (i.e. basically commit
> fdc0adeaa8bfab9a179e1eb349cab400ddb70403 that you sent inline this
> morning to Tejun).

One step at a time.  My goal is to have it all send out and reviewed
in time for 2.6.35.

Eric