Subject: Re: [Bug #11500] /proc/net bug related to selinux

From: ebiederm-aS9lmoZGLiVWk0Htik3J/[email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:53:42 -0700

Andrew Morton <akpm-de/[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:12:59 -0400
> Paul Moore <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> > We don't even know the extent of the damage yet.  Which distros were
>> > affected? With which versions of which userspace packages?
>> 
>> Can I assume that the "right" thing to do would be to find the problem 
>> and revert whatever change caused the issue, yes?  Or are we happy to 
>> wait and see since the fallout so far has been minimal?
>
> I don't think a revert is justified after all this time.  afaik I'm the
> first person to notice the problem, and it's been out there for
> multiple months.
>
> However it would be good if we could find some not-completely-stinky
> way of making the old userspace work.
>
> otoh, people who are shipping 2.6.25- and 2.6.26-based distros probably
> wouldn't want such a patch in their kernels anyway.

Disable selinux?

Get a selinux mystic to update that selinux policy.  I bet it is a one line
change to each the policy about /proc/net as a symlink.

Although I am puzzled why we don't get the same label as /proc/net as a directory
had.

Eric