Subject: Re: [RFC 7/9] snet: introduce snet_netlink.c and snet_netlink.h

From: Samir Bellabes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 02:59:38 +0100

Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]> writes:

>> +atomic_t snet_num_listeners = ATOMIC_INIT(0);
>
> The num_listeners seem to be redundant as you only support a
> single listener anyways, whose presence is indicated by
> snet_nl_pid != 0.

I simplified the code, by removing the variable snet_num_listeners and
use the value of snet_nl_pid
 * if snet_nl_pid == 0, then there is no userspace listening application 
 * if snet_nl_pid > 0, then its value is the PID of the listening
   application

In the same time, I deleted the check on a listener for this operations
on verdict : snet_nl_version, snet_nl_insert, snet_nl_remove,
snet_nl_flush, snet_nl_verdict_delay. 
In this way, it's possible to execute this operations and get events in
the same time (which means have a listeners)

Patrick, thanks again for reviewing

sam