Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 08/11] lib: other kernel glue layer code

From: Hajime Tazaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 10:24:21 +0900

Hi Richard,

At Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:36:55 +0900,
Hajime Tazaki wrote:

> now I'm trying to minimize those stubs by reusing the original
> codes (i.e., fs/filesystems.c for register_filesystem()). I
> will let you know once I've done (maybe v2 RFC if you think
> it's better ?)

I've extensively removed about 1K LoC of stubs (glues)
including e.g., register_filesystem(). There are still stubs
need to be tracked, like file mount code, memory management,
but it can be improved later I think.

commit edc9109d6d1a36f691872549762f954783a9a628
Author: Hajime Tazaki <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Mar 31 22:32:21 2015 +0900

    lib: reduce glue codes (stubs)
    
 arch/lib/Makefile                  |  22 ++--
 arch/lib/capability.c              |  47 +++++++
 arch/lib/cred.c                    |  16 ---
 arch/lib/dcache.c                  |  93 --------------
 arch/lib/filemap.c                 |   5 +
 arch/lib/fs.c                      | 239 ++----------------------------------
 arch/lib/glue.c                    |  75 ++---------
 arch/lib/include/asm/Kbuild        |   2 +
 arch/lib/include/asm/atomic.h      |   5 +-
 arch/lib/include/asm/thread_info.h |   1 +
 arch/lib/inode.c                   | 146 ----------------------
 arch/lib/lib.c                     |   5 +
 arch/lib/proc.c                    | 130 --------------------
 arch/lib/sched.c                   |  41 +++++++
 arch/lib/security.c                |  45 -------
 arch/lib/seq.c                     | 122 ------------------
 arch/lib/slab.c                    |   3 +
 arch/lib/softirq.c                 |   4 +
 arch/lib/splice.c                  |  20 ---
 arch/lib/super.c                   | 210 -------------------------------
 arch/lib/sysctl.c                  |  15 ---
 arch/lib/time.c                    |   5 -
 22 files changed, 142 insertions(+), 1109 deletions(-)

(full modification on this commit)
https://github.com/libos-nuse/net-next-nuse/commit/edc9109d6d1a36f691872549762f954783a9a628

I still have a couple of comments, which I haven't addressed
with the code (below). will work on too.

* build system (Makefile)
- parallel build issue
- cross-build issue
- missing dependency detection

* code location
- under arch/ or tools/

-- Hajime