Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Re: WAN: new PPP code for generic HDLC

From: Krzysztof Halasa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 17:58:48 +0200

Update:

> Yes, I could add another dirty "interface fix" to the HDLC + syncppp
> combo (hdlc_ppp), but I don't really see a sense, especially that I
> have the new implementation ready and working (my time resources are
> currently quite limited and if I have to choose between adding another
> glue fix and writing a better PPP replacement I pick the latter).
>
>
> My original post: http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/3/12/277

David doesn't want the new PPP, insisting that I fix existing
hdlc_ppp.c + syncppp.c combo instead, and that there are related bugs
in drivers using syncppp.c alone (not hdlc_ppp) which I have to fix as
well.

Unfortunately I'm unable to do that. Even if I could add another
workaround to hdlc_ppp to make it work with syncppp.c again, I can't
fix the other drivers (if they are indeed broken) because of lack of
hardware, and I can't really make significant changes to syncppp.c
(to make them available to all drivers) because that could and would
break those drivers.

Comments?
-- 
Krzysztof Halasa