Subject: PATCH SB1250 NAPI support

From: "Tom Rix" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 11:45:21 -0500

A while ago I submitted this patch for NAPI support for SB1250 / SB1480.
I have tested it again on the recent (6/3/06) linux-mips kernel.
Tom

Below is the original posting.

This patch adds NAPI support for the Broadcom Sibyte SB1xxx family.  The
changes are limited to adding a new config key SBMAC_NAPI to the drivers/
net/Kconfig and by adding the poll op and interrupt support to drivers/
net/sb1250-mac.c.

This patch also has a fix to drivers/net/sb1250-mac.c, the dma descriptor
table ptr is allocated, aligned and the aligned ptr is freed.  If the ptr
was not already aligned (usually is) then the free would not work of what
was returned by the kmalloc. A variable was added to store the unaligned
pointer so that it could be properly freed.

I have tested this patch on a BCM91250A-SWARM Pass 2 / An.

Mark Mason from Broadcom was very helpful and tested this patch on at
least a 1480.

Tom

On Thu, 25 May 2006 08:35:05 -0500, Martin Michlmayr <[email-masked]>  
wrote:

> * Tom Rix <[email-masked]> [2006-05-25 08:06]:
>> I am busy now but will get to it sometime.
>> It will require retesting with the latest kernel source.
>> Is there a particular maintainer(s) that I should cc on this patch?
>
> [email-masked]
>
> He just reminded people that the merge window for 2.6.18 will open
> soon (and that he's collecting patches for that already) so now would
> be an excellent time.
>
> Thanks.

-- 
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/