Subject: Re: [RFC: 2.6 patch] remove drivers/net/eepro100.c

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:30:40 +0000

Russell King <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 10:15:48PM +0000, Russell King wrote:
>> Well, I've run 2.6.15-rc2 on what I think was the ARM platform which
>> exhibited the problem, but it doesn't show up.
>
> The test was merely a "did it successfully BOOTP" because I can't
> get it to mount and run /sbin/init from the jffs2 rootfs which
> 2.5.70 was perfectly happy to earlier today.  However, the
> failure point seemed to be when NFS tried to use the card.

If you you are referring to the ARM Integrator/AP platform, I tested
it earlier this year, with a 2.6.12 kernel, and the e100.c driver
seemed to be OK with an NFS-mounted root filesystem and the IP address
got via kernel DHCP. I had problems getting the eepro100.c driver to
work though, but I didn't dig any further since e100.c seemed OK.

I'll give it another try early next week with 2.6.15-rc2 and let you
know whether I see any problems.

-- 
Catalin