Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v5] net: pppoe: implement GRO/GSO support

From: Willem de Bruijn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2026 22:39:45 -0400

Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Mar 2026 17:23:39 +0800 Qingfang Deng wrote:
> > > > I haven't written a kselftest before. What tests should I include?
> > > >
> > > > I think I can add a local ppp server and client over veth, and test
> > > > the connection with ping and iperf3.  
> > >
> > > We have tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/gro.c and associated Python
> > > test. (note I have ambiguous feelings about adding ppp cases to this
> > > file vs creating a new test, adding Willem to CC maybe he has some
> > > guidance)  
> > 
> > He hasn't replied. What do you think?
> 
> He probably missed the mid-thread email. Proceed with whatever you feel
> makes sense.

Sorry I missed this.

It's hard to say without seeing the code. Perhaps code it up as an
extension to gro.c. If the code changes are manageable, send that. Else,
consider moving it into a stand-alone test.