Subject: Re: FW: Submission for S2io 10GbE driver

From: Jes Sorensen <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 Feb 2004 18:23:50 -0500

>>>>> "Grant" == Grant Grundler <[email-masked]> writes:

Grant> On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 02:09:09PM -0800, Leonid Grossman
Grant> wrote:
>> So, our ASIC is designed in a way that for a big endian machine the
>> swapper control need not be touched, and for little endian box both
>> register and DMA accesses have to be configured to swap - it would
>> be nice to have the same configuration working on all systems, but
>> this did not seem possible.

Grant> It's probably not. It sounds like the Tigon2 driver (acenic)
Grant> which has similar HW support. You see how endianess is handled
Grant> there.

Grant,

I have a feeling Leonid is fairly familiar with the acenic design ;-)

But yes it's very similar, I made the same mistake originally in the
acenic driver trying to set different swap modes for little vs big
endian.

Cheers,
Jes