Subject: [patch 02/24] timekeeping: Use system_time_snapshot::sys instead of ::real

From: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2026 19:13:38 +0200

system_time_snapshot::sys provides the same information as
system_time_snapshot::real when the snapshot was taken with
ktime_get_snapshot_id(CLOCK_REALTIME).

Convert the history interpolation over to use 'sys' as 'real' is going away
once all users are converted.

As a side effect this is the first step to support CLOCK_AUX with
get_device_crosstime_stamp() and the history interpolation.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
---
 kernel/time/timekeeping.c |    4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

--- a/kernel/time/timekeeping.c
+++ b/kernel/time/timekeeping.c
@@ -1342,7 +1342,7 @@ static int adjust_historical_crosststamp
 			(corr_raw, tk->tkr_mono.mult, tk->tkr_raw.mult);
 	} else {
 		corr_real = (u64)ktime_to_ns(
-			ktime_sub(ts->sys_realtime, history->real));
+			ktime_sub(ts->sys_realtime, history->sys));
 		ret = scale64_check_overflow(partial_history_cycles,
 					     total_history_cycles, &corr_real);
 		if (ret)
@@ -1352,7 +1352,7 @@ static int adjust_historical_crosststamp
 	/* Fixup monotonic raw and real time time values */
 	if (interp_forward) {
 		ts->sys_monoraw = ktime_add_ns(history->raw, corr_raw);
-		ts->sys_realtime = ktime_add_ns(history->real, corr_real);
+		ts->sys_realtime = ktime_add_ns(history->sys, corr_real);
 	} else {
 		ts->sys_monoraw = ktime_sub_ns(ts->sys_monoraw, corr_raw);
 		ts->sys_realtime = ktime_sub_ns(ts->sys_realtime, corr_real);